Family Love Village Presents:
Vedic Well Ayurveda ~ by Jessica Hall C.Y.T., A.H.E.
“When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need.” ~ Ayurvedic Proverb
Jessica Hall is an Ayurvedic Health Educator, Certified Yoga Teacher and mother of two. Jessica specializes in women’s children’s and family health. Gently guiding individuals through their journey to optimal health through Ayurveda.
Ayurveda is an ancient form of holistic medicine and the basis for all modern medicine. Ayurveda uses the five sense to bring balance within all facets of our mental, physical, and spiritual health.
We will explore the basic components of Ayurveda, including:
- Doshas (the individual constitution) – How to determine your dosha and make lifestyle choices that support your unique constitution.
- Ayurvedic Nutrition – Exploring the “six tastes” and creating solutions for cooking meals that meet the needs of everyone in your family.
- Ayurvedic Psychology – understanding our children as unique and parenting based on where they are in their personal journey.
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Recommendations – How to make ancient knowledge of lifestyle guidelines work in our modern life.
- Parenting from the Ayurvedic Perspective – Parenting our children as individuals with “detachment” to outcome.
- Ayurvedic Home Pharmacy – Holistic remedies and preventative formulations every family should have in their home pharmacy.
- What to expect from an Ayurvedic consultation and treatment.
WHEN: Saturday 4/21/2012 @ 5-7pm with Potluck to follow
WHERE: The Yogi Tree ~ 4475 Vineland Ave. Toluca Lake, CA 91602
WHAT TO BRING:
- $15 per family for the presentation
- $8 per family if you plan to use the conscious childcare in the Sprout Lounge. For each additional child, it is 50% off the original price. Please RSVP at email@example.com 2 days BEFORE the workshop.
For Dinner, please bring:
- Your own dishware to stay green and
- A healthy main or side dish for the potluck.