This hands-on workshop will explore reflexology and how it can be used as a way to activate the body's self healing mechanism. By massaging specific points on the foot we can stimulate specific regions of the body that are calling out for attention.
The systematic application of pressure to the reflexology points stimulates the body's ability to rejuvenate and heal itself. Treatments open the subtle electrical channels that become blocked due to emotional and physical imbalances.
Reflexology can be a great opportunity to connect with your partner and child while offering them a natural and intentional healing. Reflexology for children can begin at birth. Not only is it a wonderful way to develop that important bond between parent and baby but it's a valuable tool for parents to help children cope with stress in a healthy and nurturing way. By giving regular reflexology sessions, you can also stay in tune with your child's foot developments and with any issues they may have, such as infectious conditions (i.e. athlete's foot) or problems caused by ill-fitting shoes.
Learn How To:
- Give a relaxing foot massage that feels good and heals
- Touch specific points on the foot for specific issues (such as allergies, constipation, bed wetting, insomnia, teething and more)
- Boost the immune system
- Get the digestive system flourishing from issues, such as colic or upset stomach
- Heal back, knee and other aches and pains naturally
She is also a natural health and well-being journalist. She has a regular column in Absolute London magazine and writes on one of the most influential and powerful health promoting websites at NaturalNews.com.
Shezza offers sessions and teaches courses. She has worked extensively with both adults and children. Her absolute passion is helping people awaken to their own shining brilliance in mind and body. http://www.shiningbrilliance.com
WHEN: Saturday 2/18/2012 @ 5-7pm with Potluck to follow
WHERE: The Yogi Tree ~ 4475 Vineland Avenue ~ Toluca Lake, CA 91602
WHAT TO BRING:
- $15 per family for the presentation
- $8 per family if you plan to use the conscious childcare in the Sprout Lounge. For each additional child, it is 50% off the original price. Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org 2 days BEFORE the workshop
For Dinner, bring: Your own dishware to stay green and a healthy main or side dish for the potluck.